Certified Masters Coaching program
The goal of the Successfully Coaching LLC is to teach you the key competencies required to function in the role of a Success Coach. As you go through the training material you will learn the competencies listed below.
The Certified Masters Coaching program exam is a timed, online exam. It consists of approximately 50 questions and has a required passing score of 70%.
This course of study covers the following competencies
What is Success Coaching
• Success Coaching is a growing industry that transcends typical counseling, therapy, and even mentoring.
Learning Outcome: Define Success Coaching. What Success Coaching is and isn’t.
Why People Need a Success Coach
• A Success Coach works with someone to achieve their goals.
Learning Outcome: Learn about famous Success Coaches, why people have difficulty making life decisions, prioritizing timelines, urgent situations, and lack of balance.
The Benefits of Success Coaching
• Many people are not aware of what a Success Coach does, they are also not aware of the benefits a Success Coach has to offer.
Learning Outcome: Understand performance targets, coping with pressure and stress, develop and maintain vision, maintain motivation.
Success Coaching Challenges
• Like any other venture we take on, Success Coaching can present many different challenges. Learn about issues your clients may have.
Learning Outcome: Understand lack of commitment, procrastination, poor communication skills, and lack of direction.
Basic Structure of a Coaching Session
• Clients are more likely to attend the coaching session if they have several options available.
Learning Outcome: Understand how to develop an action plan, ask questions, overcome obstacles, setting a timeline.
Essential Skills for Successful Coaching
• The Success Coach must possess a variety of skills in order to help their clients
Learning Outcome: Understand the skill of listening, listening with curiosity, taking in what you hear, reflecting, how to question.
• As a coach, you must be aware of Cognitive bias. Not only your clients potential Cognitive bias, but of yours as well.
Learning Outcome: Understand and identify cognitive bias. Confirmation Bias, Framing Bias, Anchoring Bias, Availability Heuristic, False Consensus.
Tools and Techniques
• A good Success Coach will implement several different tools and techniques to assist their clients.
Learning Outcome: Understand goal tracking, journaling, assessments and forms, homework and action items.
Some Success Coaches choose to practice in a specialized area of coaching.
Learning Outcome: Gain an understanding of the following niche practice areas: Relationship and Dating Coaching, Health and Fitness Coaching, Family and Parenting Coaching, Spiritual Coaching, Image Coaching, Communication and Creativity Coaching, Career Coaching, Retirement Coaching, Leadership and Performance Coaching, Business Coaching, Executive Coaching.
Have a Game Plan
• One of the most important tools anyone can have when preparing to make a change is to create some form of a game plan.
Learning Outcome: Understand how to create a game plan for your client’s success. Linking games plan with goals and doing drills.
Defining Coaching and Mentoring
• Understanding the difference between coaching and mentoring.
Learning Outcome: Define coaching and how it differs from mentoring.
• The GROW model helps you organize your coaching process in a flow that identifies the goal first and ends with putting a plan together.
Learning Outcome: Understand the G.R.O.W. model and its stages, Goal Setting, Reality Check, Options Developed, and Wrap Up.
• Defining specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time driven goals will plot a marker in the horizon that acts as your beacon.
Learning Outcome: Understand goal setting. Goals in the Context of GROW.
Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
• Your objective here is to “catch” as much information as possible to help you determine what specific areas you can leverage and achieve results.
Learning Outcome: Understand how to listen more, find areas to achieve results.
Setting SMART Goals
• Outline your goal in an easy and clear format that your employee will find useful.
Learning Outcome: Define SMART goals – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely.
Understanding the Realities
• Marking the beginning of the coaching journey with employees.
Learning Outcome: Understand the second component, or the “R” of the GROW model.
Getting a Picture of Where You Are
• Neglecting to do this could result in a non-responsive employee.
Learning Outcome: Understand framing the reality of the situation for your employee.
• Obstacles will arise and you need to be prepared to handle them with efficiency.
Learning Outcome: Understand how to overcome obstacles. Use IRA method.
• Explore options that will enable your employee to move towards the goal that was set before them.
Learning Outcome: Understand the next component, or the “O” in the GROW model.
• Let us look at things from the employee’s perspective. How in control do they feel?
Learning Outcome: Understand B.I.G. results. Buy-in, Innovation, and Growth.
Choosing Your Final Approach
• Implement a consistent method to determining the best possible option.
Learning Outcome: Understand options for choosing the final approach.
Structuring a Plan
• Structuring a plan as soon as possible sends the message to your employee you mean business.
Learning Outcome: Understand how to structure a improvement plan. 3T questioning technique.
Creating the Final Plan
• When creating a development plan, there must be consistent steps outlined, allowing your employee the opportunity to learn, apply measure, and assess their development.
Learning Outcome: Understand the LAMA process – Learn, Apply, Measure, Assess.
The “Business” of coaching
• Success Coaching is a business, and like any business, there are federal, state, and local laws you must follow.
Learning Outcome: Understand the need to form a business entity, Business Insurance, Error & Omissions (E&O) Insurance, Hiring a business accountant, Leasing / renting office space.
Additional Reading & Education
• It’s important that you stay up to date on the latest practices regarding coaching.
Learning Outcome: Understand where to find IACTM and ICF Core Competencies.
Learning Resources Recommended:
Material included with your purchase is recommended reading.
• Free online training material provided by SUCCESSFULLY COACHING. The material includes everything you will need to learn to pass the exam. This material is included for free with the purchase of your exam. It is in digital form, and available immediately completion of the 3rd module.
This material is not required, however it will assist you in becoming a coach.
• Clint Ladine (2023), Power Coaching: Stand out get unstuck, and energize your leadership.
• Shelagh Young (2008), How to be a Successful Success Coach: A guide to setting up a profitable coaching business, ISBN-13: 978-1845282967
Preparing for Success
In order to successfully complete the CMC exam, you will need to make sure you have the appropriate resources to support your learning.
• A quiet location, free from distraction.
• Internet access.
• Current (newest) version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome browser.
• Take study notes while going through the training.
• When you are ready to take the exam, you should allot 3-hours of time.
Notices: Coaching is the process of helping people identify and achieve personal goals through developing skills and attitudes. A coach does not act as a therapist, counselor, or health care provider, and psychological intervention lies outside the scope of Success Coaching. Successfully Coaching LLC does not regulate, oversee, or have a financial relationship with certified coaches. The SUCCESSFULLY COACHING Certified Masters Coaching program is an educational program. SUCCESSFULLY COACHING certification signifies coaches have fulfilled the basic requirements of the SUCCESSFULLY COACHING course. While SUCCESSFULLY COACHING hopes that all certified coaches will conduct themselves at the highest level of professional coaching and ethical standards, Successfully Coaching LLC cannot be held responsible for the conduct of individual coaches. You will need to consult with your county, state or country specific legal bodies to ensure that you follow local legal rules regarding success coaching and coaching.